Peetak Mitra

Scientist at Palo Alto Research Center | Newsletter lead @ CCAI
My interests are at the intersection of computational physics and machine learning. I am particularly interested in building reliable, explainable reduced-order data-driven models parameterizing complex physical processes relevant to modeling climate

CCAI September newsletter is out!

Dear CCAI Community,

The monthly newsletter is out! You can read more here. If you are not signed up, please consider doing so here.

Once again, thanks for your readership. If you have any questions or comments please reach out to us!

Cheers,
Peetak

Newsletter lead, CCAI
Like Comment
Hi everyone! I am Peetak Mitra and I just received my Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts Amherst (June 2021)! I will soon be starting as a Scientist in the Intelligent Systems Laboratory at the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), in CA. My research interests are at the intersection of computational physics and machine learning, with a focus on developing robust, reliable, and explainable reduced-order data-driven surrogate models for complex physical processes, relevant to modeling climate physics.

In 2019, I co-founded (and raised $400,000 from) an industry-funded consortium to explore methods to accelerate High-Performance/CFD computing using machine learning, with a focus on improving the fidelity of current methods used in the R&D workflows for designing advanced propulsion systems.

I am also a Climate Change AI core team member and the newsletter lead for the community. As such, I am always on the lookout for content for newsletters - so if you have anything to share (ex. papers, news, call for funding/papers, or jobs) please do reach out to us using this google form or via email at climatechangeai@gmail.com/peetak@climatechange.ai. If you havent already, please sign up and check out our past newsletters here

Additionally, if you have any feedback about the newsletter, please share it here (or via email)

I hope you enjoy this amazing space offered by CCAI and look forward to meeting many of you here!

Peetak
Like Comment